MAINTENANCE AFTER THE ORGANIC DETOX
So, you’ve successfully completed the 30 Day Detox 2-5-2. Well done! Looking forward into the future, how can you maintain the results you have worked so hard to achieve? The most important thing to remember after completing the 30 Day Detox 2-5-2 program, is that this is not a diet, this is a lifestyle!
The principles we teach you regarding eating & nutrition are for life. Our goal is to educate you on how to choose and prepare the most nutrient dense food in a tasty way so that eating healthy becomes a fun, creative experience rather than a boring chore! We are always here to provide you with delicious new recipes if you need them. The last thing we want you to do is to gorge yourself on the “forbidden” foods that you cut out of your diet during the 30 Day Detox 2-5-2. Don’t stuff your face with sugary refined carbohydrates just because you want to “reward” yourself for your hard work! That will completely defeat the purpose of you re-training your brain into developing better healthier habits. That will only teach your brain to reward your efforts with food. That is not something we agree with!
Rather, take a more balanced, reasonable approach to food. We recommend eating 80% clean & healthy, following the principles of the detox:
- Fresh colorful vegetables of all kinds-raw, steamed, sautéed, grilled
- Quality sources of protein from both animal and vegetarian sources, eg. beans, fish, chicken, eggs, beef (if possible, purchase organic or grass fed meats)
- Healthy carbohydrates eg. quinoa, brown/black/red rice, amaranth, gluten free oat, millet
- Healthy fats eg. avocado, nuts, nut butters, olive and coconut oil, humus, low fat cheese (if lactose tolerant)
- Moderate amounts of natural sweets ie. Fruits
…and 20% of the time, or once in a while, such as once a week, you may treat yourself to a “cheat” meal of food that does not fit in with these principles.
- Red meat, processed meats eg. pork, lamb, non-organic beef, ham, sausages, deli meats
- Refined sugars eg. ice cream, cakes, cookies, chocolate, candies, alcoholic beverages, sodas
- Refined carbohydrates eg. pizza, pasta, bread, biscuits
- High fat foods eg. deep fried anything, high fat cheeses, fatty meats
After all, we don’t want you to feel that you are on a strict diet with feelings of deprivation! We want to view things from a long term perspective. The key is to eat satisfying, delicious, healthy meals, whilst enjoying a small treat so that you don’t fall off the bandwagon and binge eat, or feel like giving up. And if, once in a while, you slip up while on holiday or during a social occasion-don’t panic! This does not mean you have failed. Just pick yourself up the next day and continue your healthy habits. This is a marathon not a sprint.
Although nutrition is number 1, exercise is almost if not just as important to maintaining a healthy lifestyle! Aim to workout minimum 3 times a week of 30 mins. If you can squeeze in 5 workouts the better! Remember, your workouts do not have to be long, as long as you keep it high intensity (HIIT) Try to combine cardio with resistance training, whether though body weight exercises of weight training. Don’t forget to stretch afterwards!
Aim to drink at least 2 liters or 8 glasses or water a day, more if the weather is hot or if you’re exercising!
Aim to get at least 8 hours of sleep per day, preferably going to bed no later than 11 pm.
Try to put your stress levels under control with regular exercise, sufficient good quality sleep & taking to a good friend!
For basic maintenance of good health, we recommend you take the following products:
- Fat Bloc: this is a wonderful powerful little tool to carry around with you at all times! Whip it out before a meal out to absorb any unwanted fats and oils, and it times of emergency where you have no choice but to eat certain unhealthy foods in a social setting.
- Fat Burn: Instead of your regular coffee in the morning, this little energy blaster gives you an instant uplift! A lifesaver for days where you need that extra kick to keep you going throughout your busy day, as well as keeping your metabolism revved up. It’s the perfect pre-workout boost as well, improving your performance while you exercise!
- Aloe Vera Mix: Your digestive tract will thank you for it. It’s prebiotic content will keep feeding the healthy probiotic bacteria in your gut, keeping your digestion smooth and efficient.
- Prime Probiotics: The modern day multivitamin. With 14 different strains of healthy bacteria, its incredible health benefits including keeping your digestive system in tip top condition, strengthening your immune system, balancing moods and regulating hormones associated with appetite, makes it a must have for anyone who wants to invest in a quality supplement for the long run!